Fishing Trips, Boats and Landings
The Sportfishing industry in Southern California is one of the best in the world. We have the nicest, best equipped boats, and plenty of them. Here is a sampling of some of the fishing trip options available at most landings:
Different Types of Fishing Trips Available
- Half Day Trips - Boats leaving in early morning and returning about noon or leaving just after noon and returning about five. Cost around $32. Fish the local kelp beds or flats. Junior & Senior discounts usually offered.
- Twilight Trips - Boats leaving in early evening and returning about midnight. Cost around $32. Fish the local kelp beds or flats. Junior & Senior discounts usually offered.
- Three Quarter Day Trips - Boats leaving in early morning and returning late afternoon. Cost around $45. Fish the local kelp beds and flats for all areas and sometimes the near side of Catalina for Long Beach and Northern Orange county landings, or the Coronado Islands for San Diego Harbor based boats. Junior & Senior discounts usually offered.
- Island Overnight Trips - Boats leaving in late evening and returning the evening of the following day. Bunks are provided. Cost around $100. Fish the islands for surface fish or the outer banks for rock cod in the winter.
- Tuna Overnight Trips - Boats leaving in late evening and returning the evening of the following day. Bunks are provided. Cost around $150. Fish the outer banks for tuna and offshore species.
- Limited Load Tuna Overnight Trips - Same as tuna overnight trips except the number of people is held down to usually 24 depending on boat. A much better deal if the fishing is hot and boats are crowded. Cost around $200.
- Long Range Trips - Boats spending from two to fourteen days fishing. Bunks and food are provided. Cost around $250 per day. Fish the Baja coast and Mexican offshore Islands.
- Six Pack Trips - Boats available for charter. Type of fishing is negotiable. The maximum load is six persons plus the crew. Cost between $550 to $1500 per day depending on type of fishing, boat size, reputation, etc.
Map of California Sport Fishing Harbors
Following are the ports and harbors in Southern California, where there are boat launch ramps and/or sport fishing landings or accomodations:
List of Fishing Landings Offering Trips For California Sport Fisherman
Following are some of the landings in Southern California, organized roughly from North to South:
- Morro Bay - Virg's Landing (805) 772-1222
- Port San Luis (Avila Bay) - Patriot Sportfishing (805) 595-7200
- Santa Barbara - Sea Landing (805) 963-3564
- Santa Barbara - Wave Walker Charters (Six Pack) (805) 964-2046
- Oxnard (Channel Islands) - Captain Hook's Sportfishing (805) 644-2500
- Oxnard (Channel Islands) - Channel Island's Sportfishing (805) 382-1612
- Port Hueneme - Port Hueneme Sportfishing (805) 488-1000
- Marina Del Rey - Marina Del Rey Sportfishing (310) 822-3625
- Redondo Beach - Redondo Sportfishing (310) 372-2111
- San Pedro - 22nd Street Landing (310) 832-8304
- San Pedro - LA Harbor Sportfishing (310) 547-9916
- Long Beach - Long Beach Sportfishing (562) 432-8993
- Long Beach - Pierpoint Landing Sportfishing(562) 983-9300
- Long Beach - Long Beach Marina Sportfishing (562) 598-6649
- Newport Beach - Davey's Locker (949) 673-1434>
- Newport Beach - Newport Landing (949) 675-0550
- Newport Beach - Bongo's Fishing Charters (Six Packs) (949) 673-2810
- Dana Point - Dana Wharf Sportfishing (949) 496-5794
- Dana Point - Skip'n Out Charters (Six Packs) (949) 240-7226
- Dana Point - Hook Sportfishing Charters (Six Packs) (800) 583-8133
- Oceanside - Helgren's Sportfishing (619) 722-2133
- Mission Bay (San Diego) - Seaforth Sportfishing (619) 224-3383
- Mission Bay (San Diego) - Islandia Sportfishing (619) 222-1164
- Mission Bay (San Diego) - Pacific Star Sportfishing (714) 838-5269
- San Diego - Point Loma Sportfishing (619) 223-1627
- San Diego - H&M Landing (619) 222-1144
- San Diego - Fisherman's Landing (619) 222-0391
Ever think about building a boat?It's easier than you probably imagine. You could be out fishing in your home crafted boat yet this summer. Stop by my other web site for lots of information and to download free study plans for many different boats you can build. There's also free e-books, videos, and photo essays of boat construction.
Spira International Boat Plans Web Site